Just finished a discussion session on - why do junior researchers hardly writing papers?
Then minutes later, while browsing hany's blog, I saw those blogger tegar write nearly 10 entries per day? That's why she earned quite a lot of money from just writing blog. (Seriously, I couldn't retrieve the entry that she wrote and linked to RM and Ben Ashaari's blog. Hany, banyak gile entry ko, ko pun dah bleh jd blogger tegar, haha. Nik jugak, lately. *wink*)
No, I can't write that much. I can't blog that much entries per day, what more writing scientific papers. But, the KPI is there. At least one publication per year - be it, bulletin or refereed journals. Yups, I am trying.
Chaiyok,chaiyok!
Writing is actually one of my passionate. Sometimes, I think I am better at conveying those serious stuff in writing rather than expressing it verbally. I write diaries as early as twelve years old. Moving to my secondary years, of course I write a lot. Diaries,essays, journals. I was the winner for few Malay essay competitions at zone and state level once. But, moving forward to university years, I left writing only for personal matters. Later, blogging came to my life. But, blog remains to a very limited circle of friends. I dont think I manage to earn that much of money from blogging and I dont intend to actually (tapi kalau dapat, tak menolak jugak! But, first cash out of nuffnang even seems too far, haha)
Pictures: Angah's wedding day
The writing is actually in our blood. Abah was a freelance writer before (he sent articles/poems in Malay to local newspaper) during his younger age. Few of his articles were published either in jawi or rumi papers. I think the talent is hereditary. Few of my sister's published journal (IEEE journal for her master's project) began with a very 'flowery' introduction. To my amazement, I sometimes never thought that she wrote that papers, but yeah she did it.While my younger brother, even though writings is not his bread and butter, but he expressed some of his words beautifully in poems. I saved some of his masterpieces. Emak? She never writes, but she cultivates the readings in us. Whatever the materials, but she actually initiated the reading to us, apart from abah himself who reads a lot. (Mind you, emak dan abah saya hanya orang biasa yang sempat habis sekolah rendah sahaja! English is very rare to them, but they never fail to encourage us to read and speak English at home. Bersyukur kerana saya lahir dalam golongan keluarga ini)
Saya anak abah jugak laaa...
Excerpt of Jalan Mati by Pam(my brother's pseudonym)
141009
Kaki,
Aku mahu kau terus berlari,
Bergerak mengikut rentakmu,
biar..
Dan jangan berhenti,
Sebab aku tak mahu kau terus menyusun langkah longlai
tarian kesedihan di petak ini..
Anyway, what actually blocked me to write scientific papers? Ahha. Scientific papers are not blog that you can simply rambles on anything. You have to undergo few experiments, read thousand of journals, run statistical analysis and writes.
Then what actually blocked me to blog 10 entries per day? I just do not want to. What is there to write 10th times a day?
See, suddenly all the reason popped up :D and the entry getting serious and very academic. Haha, mind me, there's this skema part in me. It's the blood!
Before this entry going further out of focus of the subject matters, I better stop!


hahaha, chip...(tetibe panggil chip lak;)
ReplyDeletedaku tak setegar itu ler...ni semua auto publish nye entry, malam2 buat kasi publish siang nye, tapi tgk la setakat mana benda ni jalan...hehehe
ye saye hany..
ReplyDeleteko pantas jugak mengomen selain auto publish your entry!
bravo dear!
politik semakin kotor kanns, ;-(
ReplyDeletesalamm,