Monday, May 24, 2010

Housemate oh housemate..

From left: Miss X-Housemate, Lin and me


I am stressful actually with this housemate hunting. Since Ms. X-Housemate (before is Ms.Housemate) leaving, we have been entertaining quite a number of phone calls asking of the rental and all, but only two showed up to see the room themselves.

I was not aware that advertising at mudah.com will be meriah. I mean I was thinking that it will be hot selling due to their large pool of people but seems unaware of the consequences of dealing with many types of people. My experience in finding housemate, it was easy, just print it in a paper to a hotspot places around. The last time, we only conveyed the messages of wanting housemate through friends, no advertising at all. But this round, seems pretty challenging.

The two that showed up seems not-up-to-the-standard. Poyos, kan? No, I mean, I am looking for a housemate, the trusted stranger that you can look up for if anything happened. It is not that I want to be friends and cling to her at everytime, just a considerate, tolerant one and respect the people inside. Bukan nak interview or anything, it is just a matter of seeing the person and interact. Kalo rasa mcm okay, seploh tahun jd housemate pun xpa,kan?

Even a bestfriend will be part if they stay together, so what more a new stranger, kan? So, I am looking for the best one that fit us, the surrounding, the neighbourhood and the landlord, probably.
That is the basis of finding.

So, back to this story of the two that showed up and see the room, who was Miss XL and Miss XS. Miss XL first who called and dealt and finally decided to see the room at one fine night. I was not the one who entertained her, I was busy cooking at the kitchen. Lapar tahap dewa. So, this was excertp of the story from adik housemate.

After we showed her the room that we offer, Miss XL said, "Xnak la bilik ni. dekat dengan dapur" and she requested the bigger room. Ting.

Then, later after she agreed, we CONFIRMED with her about the tenancy. Excited dowh finally got one!

Before Miss XL departed, she asked to adik housemate, "Xada rak kasut ke?Susun-susun la sket kasut ni". Ting.

And she soon will get married by the end of year. Ting.


Miss XL got three Ting here.
That's why we extend the offer to Miss XS.

But we had confirmed her.

Then, few days after, Miss XS called and interested to see the room. So, I greeted her and showed us the way to our house and showed the room. The called actually made by Miss NJ, but the one who need a room is Miss XS. Overall, Miss XS is okay but few suspicion popped in my mind after Miss NJ answered most of the question that we gave to Miss XS. Miss XS, physically boyish look alike, who is actually due to her athletics background jobs. But, I was afraid that Miss XS and Miss NJ have some relation that I-dunno-whether-I-am-paranoid-or not. That is the only Ting.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression
vs
Do not judge a book by its cover


This two idioms hit me. To me, Miss XL showed some not-so-good-first-impression, while with regards to Miss XS, I was the one who judging her. Maybe I was unfair to her, but for the sake of everybody, I prefer not to. Miss XL however not winning our heart after being lebih sudu dari kuah sebelum apa-apa pun.

Yeah, I had an experience of desperately need a room before, and I know how was the feeling. Lucky I was stumbled into a good person.


The stories with Miss XL continues up to yesterday after she kept on asking abot the rental. The mistake, we had confirmed with her but after deliberating, I dont think that she fit us. So, I answered to her call and say that we still offer to others and asked her to wait. I know was wrong in confirming with her earlier. And I apologized her.

But that may be trigger anger to her and that lead to a harsh final message by her.

And I was strucked.
I have been politely answered her and I do not expect any kind of that message.

My prayers, please do not disturb us anymore, and live you life.


No comments :

Post a Comment