Saturday, March 19, 2011

The diet..the hikmah..the thanks

I was instructed to have a soft diet during a week admitted in Annur Hospital. I am not a fan of porridge, not even BUBUR LAMBUK KAMPUNG BARU. I rarely liked to have porridge in my diet..so imagine for the whole week? Ohho...


Annur Rice Porridge


Once discharged, Mak continued the same diet! Oh my...As early as my 7th day, I was boycotting porridge. No more porridge please..ahaha. Pity, Mak. She has the trouble to deal with my big appetite but according to her I was still 'unfit' for those foods. There goes our argument of eating; doktor tak kata tak boleh makan pun VS yang sakit bukan mak. Abah was a merciful type - he tried to fulfill everything. But, I finally give in to whatever Mak said. I do not have the heart to object her as I know she was doing for my best.



The medication


When it comes to medication, Mak is always the one who is very strict, be it me, my sister or my brother and even to Abah. She always remembered when to take the next pill and sometimes put it on my plates so that I wont forget.


A month at home..as the only child, reminded me of those primary school years. Ya, saya kembali menjadi anak manja. I left home as early as 12 years old to go to boarding school. Back to my hometown once a month or maybe once in three-four months in five years. So, I may say my private time with Mak & Abah alone was limited. So, I treasured every moment of that time as very precious.


Apart from being fully taken care of as I was weak, I felt like I am getting closer to them. I am sharing their free times, their favourite things. I felt like I just getting to know my parents in their fifties. I felt like I know very little about them after spending my 24-7 for a month with them. They actually getting older, that sadden me because they have to take care of me..which is supposed it was my time to take care of them (T_T)


My heart sank everytime thinking that I will lead my own life after this September. I know I will always be their child, but, those feeling suddenly rushed me..Betullah, kalau kita ada segunung intan permata pun, kita tak mampu membalas jasa mereka...


I see the hikmah of suddenly being sick, to be closer to my parents. I love them the most!


Then, Mak & Ayah (my future parents-in-law) came for an adhoc visits. To check on me and brought this....


Bubur merah putih - Ayah said, it was prepared for me.


Bubur Abang - bagi masyarakat Jawa di Teluk Intan, Perak, bubur ini merupakan satu hidangan tradisi yang wajib dan unik untuk pelbagai upacara dalam kehidupan seharian. Bubur Abang melambangkan kesyukuran bagi masyarakat Jawa. Ia akan dihidangkan sempena kelahiran anak, perkahwinan, pertunangan, ulangtahun kelahiran, menamakan anak, upacara turun tanah, lulus periksa, dapat keuntungan perniagaan, mendapat hasil tuaian, baik dari demam, pendek kata apa juga kejadian, bubur ini pasti akan dihidangkan.


I see the hikmah once again, to get to know my parents in law.


Alhamdulillah, I am surrounded by people who loves me. Seeing their care and kindness, I felt I was very little to compare to what they have given me. Thank you. Thank you.


For friends who came..for people who care by messaging, emailing and doa..


Thank you..thank you.


That's the hikmah, to be thankful for everything you have regardless of what He has tested you.


Thank you, Allah.


p/s: Tears are running down my cheek while writing this....

6 comments :

  1. my tears also running down my cheek while reading this....pulak tgh dgr lagu 'oh ibu' mamat exist....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizasue,

    Huhu..ratu ayor mate skang kite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sdey bace:( tapi bubur merah putih tu kakak aku mmg buatkan jgk lepas kdri kawen, mase kenduri aqiqah...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Xde ape a ct..tp mmg byk event gak ek serve bubur ni..

    ReplyDelete
  5. cipah,

    betullah org kata...hargai mereka sementara ada.

    harap2 sempat lah bg menantu kat parents aku :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shera!

    InsyaALLAH :) He's out there for sure. Keep hunting :)

    ALLAH janjikan orang yang baik bertemu dengan yang baik-baik sahaja. InsyaALLAH. Amiiin.

    ReplyDelete