Feeling fresh here since my 350ml blood is new!
Haha. Poyos. I know.
Yesterday was a health day in the office. So, I was taking the opportunity to donate some blood for the first time. I repeat, for the first time!
Well, the intention is always there. But, everytime blood donation campaign, I either not qualified due to certain reason or does not have the guts to donate. Once it was over, I was like, "bile la nak menderma nih?" Apart from that I always have the apprehension of the dermographism that will limit my qualification of donating blood.
So, yesterday, for the first time ever, I was brave enough to try to donate :D (I got strong support from colleagues too..)
After submitting the form, they do the weight and blood analysis. Yeah, my weight is reducing, that motivates me to persist with the intention of doing this..(even though I started to in doubt). After doing some bp check (which is a bit higher - probably due to nervous and hot weather) I started to felt a little nervous.
Later, it was my turn, the first thing that popped from my mouth was.."takuuutnyeee.."
The medical assistant there smile at my 'takutnya' and he asked me to lie down and he adjusted the bed. Luckily the female nurse was the one who will connect the bags to my vein/arteries? I thought this male attendant would do it. Sudah cuak-cuak okay!
And later, this man, Ayie sat beside me. Of course with his talkative and various jokes and humors, the nervousness became severe.
It was smoothly circulates without any pain! Nothing to be afraid of!
The 350ml bag and my blood! Does it look yummy, vampires?
You have to eat and rest before walking around after donating blood.
Now its Jafni's turn!
Fida managed to capture the video of me. I will try to upload later.
After that, Ayie was trying to check his oxygen/air level in the lung. Not so sure of the purpose. But he had to blow to this apparatus and it automatically gave the reading. The reading was then is checked on the scales. He was then is given a badge as a token.
It was such a fun events. Haha.
I think I enjoy donating blood and I will do it regularly. The myth that you will gain weight after donating blood is truly fake!
Sedekah yang sekali sekala, apa salahnya, kan? Setiap manusia ada 5 pain darah = 2.5 L darah. Kebiasaannya penderma akan menderma 450ml darah. Doktor suggest saya derma hanya 350ml sebab saya first timer.


yeay...alhamdulillah...tahniah cipah!
ReplyDeletealiza, thanx!
ReplyDelete